ArcMap v10+ Add-In
For customers who have purchased PipeTech View with GIS functionality are eligible for our ArcGIS toolbar add-in. This tool allows you to click on an asset in your GIS map and choose to show the videos related to that asset in PipeTech View. Below are the instructions on obtaining, installing and configuring this tool.
- Download the appropriate version of the tool.
- Make note of where you have saved this file.
- Extract the compressed package to a known location. Please note that this is a password protected package and you will need to contact us at 1.800.262.7817 for the password if you don't have it.
- Double-click the PTGISToolv10.esriAddin file from the folder where you extracted it in the downloading phase.
- Click the Install Add-In button.
- Click OK when the installation completes.
- Open ArcMap, click the Customize menu, then choose Toolbars then select PipeTech Toolbar.
- The toolbar will appear within ArcGIS. You may move or dock it at that time.
- Click on the Configure PipeTech Options button .
- Click the browse button to choose the PipeTech Library to link to
- Click the Link Fields button, to set up field mapping for PTH export (optional).
- Select the asset that you would like to review in PipeTech using the built-in tool
- Click the PiepTech icon on the toolbar to view the asset in PipeTech View.
- If you wish to create an export, select multiple assets and click the export button .